Week of Mascaras! - Thursday, Buxom by Bare Escentuals

Two coats both eyes and bottom lashes
Here we are on Thursday and I want to introduce to you my go to mascara for about two years.  I discovered it at the Sephora in Ottawa and have been hooked ever since.  I am an unfaithful mascara mistress though and am always on the lookout for a new one to play with.

No secret (cough, cough - the title), it is Buxom by Bare Escentuals.  Before I go on with my review, let us read the official description from Sephora.

Travel size in Blackest Black
Buxom Lash Mascara
What it is:
An intensely volumizing mascara for bigger, fuller lashes.

What it does:

This vitamin-enriched formula deepens, darkens, and thickens from root to tip. The curvy hourglass-shaped brush holds the ideal amount of mascara to ensure every lash is coated evenly with our silky, clump-free formula.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:

- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates

Research results:

-96% of women agreed this mascara volumized lashes and did not clump or smudge*
*Based on independent USA consumer test 


and.... we're done!

As I have said a bajillion times before I have the worst time with mascara (although my bestest gf Dee would disagree).

I do favour the rubber wand (as mentioned before) and it was this particular brand that introduced me to this type.  Each wand I have tried thus far is slightly different in shape and size.  The Buxom one is larger than many but not the largest I have tried to date (there is an Avon one that is humongous).  You can see below (from a borrowed picture) that the wand is shaped wider at the ends and narrows in the middle.


Wand picture (from Sephora, my picture sucked)
One coat on right eye (your left)
Two coats on right eye
So onto the application.  The formulation is a wet but creamy consistency and not the strict cream as in days of yore.  What I like about it is the punch of impact with only one coat.  The most distinct of all of the ones I have written about this week.  So Hooray!

For work I often wear only one coat of mascara. For nights out dancing, it is always two.  I rarely have to comb through later to separate the lashes.  The bristles on this wand are close together which avoids the dreaded goops.  Hooray!

You can see from the very top picture that it does give my eyes the smokier look.

Let's talk price.  On the Sephora website it is $24CDN or $19USD.  So while not the most expensive thus far this week, not the least either.  So it's a Meh.

Results:

Hoorays - 3
Meh - 1

Would I purchase again?  Considering I have purchased 3 of this brand I would take that as a yeah.


Dee asked for an end of day picture of the mascaras to see if the raccoon effect is in place so I think I will do a separate blog next week with the apres pics for her.  I will mimic this week and then post together so you can compare them all, side by each (for the newfs).

Tomorrow's selection is a new one - NYX Doll Eye Waterproof mascara.  Stay tuned.

Please comment below (or via facebook and twitter (pitcherplantnl)) if you would like me to review a brand or type of cosmetics.

Cheers!
Lori

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking time to comment. I read them all.

Thanks ever so much!
Lori

 

EBates Canada (referral link)

Ebates.ca

Canadian Food Blogger

Canadian Food Blogger
Food Bloggers of Canada Member

Influenster

Follow me on Twitter