Review of Anastasia Hydrafull Gloss - March Glymm Box


In my March Glymm box I received a sample of the Anastasia Hydrafull Gloss in sorbet. At first I was afraid as it was VIVID pink in the container.  I have (from a previous Glymm box) a sample of the Anastasia brow gel and like it a lot.  So I thought that I would give the gloss a try and hey the colour pulled me in.
Hydrafull Gloss sample in Sorbet


Here's what it says on the Sephora website (direct quote)

Hydrafull Gloss
What it is:
A clinically tested gloss proven to help maximize and maintain lip hydration and fullness.

What it does:
This long-wearing lip gloss features "Kiss Me Quick" plant extract that helps to increase volume and fullness in lips, Brown Algae , a key ingredient that smooths, firms, hydrates, and revitalizes the appearance of skin, and Balkan Botanical®Infusion—Anastasia's exclusive antioxidant-rich complex that helps soften, soothe and hydrate skin. The gloss also comes with a clear, flexible silicone paddle applicator that follows the contours of your lips, ensuring smooth and even coverage.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens

What else you need to know:
This product is hypoallergenic and dermatologist-tested.

Research results:
After 10 minutes of use, 90% reported lips are hydrated. After one week, 87% reported the lip gloss provides long-lasting moisture. After four weeks, 83% saw improvement in the texture of lips and again 90% reported lips are hydrated.
Size: 0.07 oz

End of Official programming....

So I received a 0.03 fl. oz of the product (little shy of half).  As you can see, it is neither large or uses the typical brush or doe foot applicator.  It uses a plastic paddle-like applicator....  Weird at first.  But does the job.

Applicator View 1
Applicator View 2
 As you may be able to see, it is extremely pigmented and strikingly vivid.  One would think that it would translate to a WOW impact on your lips.

Nude lips
One coat of gloss

I am happy to say that it does not.

It gives a lovely colour but for me it is completely wearable. That said, I am not one to put gobs of lip gloss on.  Typically one coat is enough.

Hooray!

So let's see if their claims translated into reality for me.

This is how far I am....

After 10 minutes of use, 90% reported lips are hydrated. I agree with this observation.

After one week, 87% reported the lip gloss provides long-lasting moisture.  Agreed, my lips went from bonkos bad and dry to a normal lip consistency.

Will this sample last 4 weeks with everyday use?  I am not so sure on that one.

Is it long lasting?  I applied it at about 8am, brushed my teeth and it stayed until about 11am.  Then reapplied after lunch.  Rarely does lip gloss last for me, so it's as hooray as it gets.

Price is   $27CDN or $21USD for a 0.07fl oz.  Wow....
Let us compare:

MAC Plushglass is about $22.50CDN for 0.14fl oz (so double the Anastasia).  So I can't really say that I found the gloss to be worth over twice the price as MAC.

MUFE (Make up For Ever) sits at $21CDN for 0.09 fl. oz. 

Am I comparing apples to apples?  Maybe not, but gloss is not something I would splurge greatly on and definitely not at that price.  Boo for cost

Sooo...

Hoorays - 2
Booo - 1


Purchase full size?  Sorry, it is not something I would spend $30 on.  There are other things I would, but not this.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking time to comment. I read them all.

Thanks ever so much!
Lori

 

EBates Canada (referral link)

Ebates.ca

Canadian Food Blogger

Canadian Food Blogger
Food Bloggers of Canada Member

Influenster

Follow me on Twitter