Series of Shadows (Cream/Creme) - Thursday Make Up Forever Aqua Cream

Another day and another high end cream shadow to try.  I first saw this in a Lisa Eldridge tutorial and immediately purchased it.  Why?  Because Lisa is a fantastic Make Up Artist.  It is absolutely worth your while to check out her blog and YouTube channel.

But back to me and my review!!  It is all about me...

Today's selection is the Make Up Forever Aqua Cream.  It is supposed to be immovable so let us give it a go, shall we?

It is # 2 which is a lovely pewter colour (they call it Steel)
What is says on Sephora:

Aqua Cream
What it is:
An ultra-pigmented, long-lasting waterproof cream.

What it does:
Aqua Cream combines the highest-quality pigments with mother of pearl particles to give immediate rich color payoff with a luminous finish in just one application. It's long-lasting formulation will not crease or smudge under the most extreme conditions and its creamy and elastic texture allows for easy blending.
What do I say?

 So at 7:00am this is what I discovered:

Goes on lovely, very build-able and sets well.  As with the others, my right eye was primed with the Too Face Shadow Insurance.  Applied first with the MAC 242 and blended with the MAC 217 brushes. If you are blending my advice is to work quickly as it sets almost immediately.
Further lined my eye with the Midnight Blue Avon Glimmersticks and as always my  Lancome Teint Idole.  Mascara was MUFE Smoky Lash.

Just shadow Right eye primed (your left)

Added a touch more and some liner close to the lashes


Left (un-primed) eye

Right (primed) eye



I checked my lids at about:
  • 1200pm and there was zero (0) creasing on either eye.
  •  230pm.  Creasing = 0
  •  500pm. Creasing = 0
  •  630pm. Slight creasing.
  • 800pm.  Visible creasing.  
Results at 820pm

Eyes at the end of the day
Left (un-primed) eye
Right (primed) eye


A couple of things I have learned.  The Aqua Cream certainly stayed on much longer than others tested thus far.  But it did crease after 12 hours.  A pleasant aside was that the Avon Glimmersticks performed very well.  Totally unexpected bonus.


The Aqua Cream colour in steel is perhaps a bit too shimmery on its own for work but can be layered with another powder or pigment to temper it somewhat. I will have to examine the sheens (blue and green) to see if they are perhaps a bit more subtle.


Again, the primer made some difference to the staying power but again it eventually creased.

Cost for 6g (0.21oz) is   $25CDN or $22USD online at Sephora 



Will I purchase again?  Yes I would.  I would love to see some matte colours (other than the black one).


Grade is B+.  I have to consider the fact that it is pretty pricey! Although it is slightly cheaper per gram than MAC. $4.17 vs $4.20.


Cheers,
Lori






0 comments :

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking time to comment. I read them all.

Thanks ever so much!
Lori

 

EBates Canada (referral link)

Ebates.ca

Canadian Food Blogger

Canadian Food Blogger
Food Bloggers of Canada Member

Influenster

Follow me on Twitter