November 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag

Annnndddd.... I 'm back reviewing my Beauty Box subscriptions after a brief break. First up is the Ipsy Glam Bag.  I've only been subscribed to this service for about 6 months and thus far I have not been disappointed.

The November theme is Girl Meets Glitter and the items were shipped in a super cute silvery makeup bag. I have to admit I love the bags that accompany the items. I've kept a couple but mostly I've given them to a local women's shelter to keep their personal items in.

I've received a couple of Marc Anthony hair products in the past and each one I've used up. I am also a big fan of Argan oil anything - I feel it makes a difference on my hair. A small can of hairspray never goes astray at the office in the event of flyaways. Solid choice.  The 300ml can retails for about $10 and this sample is 53ml. If you are keeping track  the can is about $1.75 worth of product.

Be a bombshell eye base in submissive. I've also received a number of different products from this line and in general I've used them. Some of the items are a bit glittery and I am more of a satin/matte kind of gal but every so often I enjoy splashing out with some sparkle. Submissive is a bronze colour with gold sparkle. The price is $14 for a full size and that is what I received.
This is a new type of product and a new brand to me.  J. Cat Beauty Wonder Lip Paint in Red Potion. Having never used a lip paint before I was curious what kind of colour staying power it has. A full size tube retails for $4.99. I received a full size item.

You'll see later how a little goes a long way. That drop is MORE than enough.
Here is the lip paint - Early Morning Edition
The colour is quite nice actually and you can you a light hand or layer it for a more intense look.

I've heard of Temptu for airbrush foundations but this is a highlighter product. Typically used on the tops of cheekbones for an illuminating effect on the skin. You could add some to body moisturizer for a body glow. This colour is Pink Pearl. A full size costs $27.50 for 1oz. The sample size is 0.1oz so about $2.75

The final item is from the brand StarLooks Gem Eye Pencil in Ultra Orchid and is a metallic micro-glitter liner. Retailing for $17, I received a full size pencil. Again, this will likely be a liner I use rarely or gift to someone who likes the sparkle.

So 3 full size items and 2 sample size items - I call that pretty good.
Here are 4 of the items so you can see the colour. The highlighter is very subtle and unfortunately didn't show in the photo.

The value of the items in this months Glam Bag is $40. Excellent value for $10 plus shipping.

Cheers,
Lori

Here are my other Ipsy reviews.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking time to comment. I read them all.

Thanks ever so much!
Lori

 

EBates Canada (referral link)

Ebates.ca

Canadian Food Blogger

Canadian Food Blogger
Food Bloggers of Canada Member

Influenster

Follow me on Twitter