April 2012 GlossyBox Overview and Review


So here we are... the end of month 2 of the reviews of all 4 beauty sample offerings currently available to Canada.  The final one for this month is GlossyBox.  I received the box on May 1st.

Outer box


Inside wrapping


Publicity inside
So each box is a very delicate pink which is lined with black and the pink Glossy logo.  Black tissue paper is tied with a pink grosgrain ribbon.  Enclosed inside was the usual card listing the products, a promotional card about Wella products and a sample of Marcelle BB cream.

Products in the box:


  • AVEENO Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer
  • ELIZABETH GRANT Skin Care Shower Gel
  • WELLA Brilliance Conditioner
  • WELLA Brilliance Treatment for Fine to Normal Hair
  • MARCELLE Xtension Plus Mascara
* Marcelle BB cream sample as mentioned above.


Aveeno Moisturizer
This daily moisturizer has a SPF of 15 and protection of both UVA and UVB.  I have used Aveeno products before and have had good success so I look forward to trying this product.  It has fragrance but not overtly so, but if you are scent-sensitive you may need to look elsewhere.

Rating: Hooray

Full size is 120ml @ $22.99.  Size received was FULL size.

Elizabeth Grant Skin Care Shower Gel
This exotic apricot shower gel simply smells heavenly - like a apricot creamsicle.  I absolutely cannot wait to try it.  I have never used Elizabeth Grant products before so I am intrigued.

Rating:  Hooray

Full size is 240ml @ $20.  Size received was FULL size.

Wella Brilliance Conditioner and Treatment

Wella is a professional haircare product line.  The lightweight formula conditioner is for fine and normal coloured hair.  The treatment apparently restores hairs vibrancy with a triple polymers.  Now I only believe 1/2 of what I read and then 1/2 of that again.  But if it does something to improve my hair I am all for it!  They also say that is diamond dust in their products which punches up the shine.  We shall see.  Products have a fragrance which I like but again, always be careful if scents bother you.

Rating:  Hooray

Conditioner size is 250ml @ $13.99, size received was 30ml.
Treatment size is 150ml @ $13.99, size received was 25ml.

Marcelle Xtension Plus Mascara

Bristles have two lengths

Wand up close
The box contained 2 Marcelle products.  The first being this mascara. The bristles and formulation are both on my like list. It is supposed to curl, separate and lengthen.  We will have to see.  But I am a sucker for mascara!!

Rating:  Hooray

Full size is 9ml @ $12.50.  Size received was FULL size.


Bonus Marcelle BB cream
Enclosed in the envelope was a small sample of the BB cream from Marcelle.  Eight in one skin enhancer in two shades.  I will try it as I am trying out a number of them to decide if it is for me.

Full size is 45ml @ $22.95. Size received is around 2ml I think?

My overall impression of this months box?  I liked it.  Every single one of these items are ones I will use, and hey - that's exactly what I was taking a chance on.

So how many hoorays?  5 out of 5. 

Cheers,
Lori

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking time to comment. I read them all.

Thanks ever so much!
Lori

 

EBates Canada (referral link)

Ebates.ca

Canadian Food Blogger

Canadian Food Blogger
Food Bloggers of Canada Member

Influenster

Follow me on Twitter