Cream Eye Shadows Revisited

Last week I did a comparison of 5 different brands of cream (creme) eye shadows with varied success.  The common question I had during the entire week was... how would these products shape up if used with powdered shadow (my typical practice).

So this week I decided to track one of the cream shadows.  So I used the following:

  • Too Faced Shadow Insurance
  • Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 35 Tough as Taupe
  • MAC Eye Shadow in Bark
  • Urban Decay Darkhorse (from the Naked Palette)
  • MAC Blacktrack Gel Eyeliner (tight lining)
  • BUXOM Mascara
 Again, the Colour Tattoo went on very smoothly and was easy to blend.  I packed then blended the Bark on top and then gently buffed Darkhorse over the lid and a little more intensity on the outer corner.  Also used the remnants of  the brush with Darkhorse on my lower lashes.  I tight lined with the Blacktrack and applied one coat of Buxom.

Morning right eye

Morning left eye

Not too shabby!
At the end of the day (about 7pm) I decided to take the pictures.  I have to say that the cream performed much better when layered with shadow.  I really do think that this is the trick with these products.  While it is a little disappointing to know that for me I would have to do these extra steps.  But hey, I love makeup so it gives me an excuse to buy more!

There was little evidence of creasing and just some light fading at the crease.

Right eye about 7pm
Left eye about 7pm

Both eyes about 7pm

 Just to double check, today I did the following:

  • Too Faced Shadow Insurance
  • MAC Paint in Structural Brown
  • Cargo Duo Eyeshadow (from my March LuxeBox) in ED-15
  • MAC Blacktrack (for tight lining) and a slight blend near the top lashes
  • NYX Doll Eye Mascara

I did not take any before pics but here are the 5pm pictures (I applied the makeup at 7am).

Eye Shadow (I used both colours)





I can see no creeping or creasing and the powder shadow was still evident and in place.  A much better result don't you think??

Cheers,
Lori

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking time to comment. I read them all.

Thanks ever so much!
Lori

 

EBates Canada (referral link)

Ebates.ca

Canadian Food Blogger

Canadian Food Blogger
Food Bloggers of Canada Member

Influenster

Follow me on Twitter