April Week of Mascaras - Thursday - Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Smoky Lash

Thursdays bring Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash mascara which I received in my March TopBox (see review here).  I do enjoy MUFE, having used their HD foundation, Aqua Creams, Eye pencils and Cream Blushes so I was stoked to receive their mascara.  This sample size was perfect for me to test to see if I love it enough to buy the full size.

Description from the Sephora website:

What it is:
A mascara that gives the lashes curl, volume, length, and intense pigment.

What it does:
This ultra-pigmented mascara was specially designed to give the lashes an exceptional volume-enhancing effect with infinite lengthening and immediate curling.

What else you need to know:
The tough, dense brush of this Sephora-exclusive mascara penetrates into the roots of the lash to ensure that lash is completely coated with mascara.

Sephora is the exclusive beauty retailer for this product.


Wand
What I think:
I have to say I was extremely disappointed when I opened the package and took out the wand.  The bristles were extremely gloopy and clumpy.  The formulation seemed very dry and I was not convinced that this would apply to my lashes without significant combing of the wand and combing after.

Formulation rating: Boo

The wand is big, huge in fact.  One of the largest wands I have encountered on this mascara journey.  And it is the bristles as opposed to the rubber comb-like wand I favour.  I just couldn't get past the clumpiness.

Wand rating:  Boo

At 700am
One eye one coat
One eye one coat close up
As I suspected, I had to use a comb - a lot - to remove clumps and separate the lashes.  That said, I only had to comb after the first coat, subsequent coat did not require combing.

The lashes do add to a smoky eye, that I do not dispute.  The lashes get dark and sultry (lol).

Application rating:  Meh
One eye two coats

One eye two coats close up
Lower lash pre-combing

Above is a picture of the clumping of the lower lashes pre-combing.


End of Day 830pm
End of Day

End of Day Close Up

Damn hound dog look rares it's head again!  The mascara leeched and flaked down under my eyes and near my lashline on top. 

End of Day rating:  Boo.

Price is $26CDN or $23USD.  So a Meh there

Overall rating:

Boos - 3
Meh - 2
Hooray - 0

So disappointed...  Would I buy?  Nope, sorry.  There are far, far, far better mascaras available that a) provide the smoky and intense lashes; b) don't clump and require this type of additional work and c) cost similar or less monies.


0 comments :

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking time to comment. I read them all.

Thanks ever so much!
Lori

 

EBates Canada (referral link)

Ebates.ca

Canadian Food Blogger

Canadian Food Blogger
Food Bloggers of Canada Member

Influenster

Follow me on Twitter