April Week of Mascaras - Tuesday - FAIRY DROPS Scandal Queen Mascara

Ta Da!!!  It's tuesday and today I am reviewing a brand out of Japan called Fairdrops.  This mascara came in the Sephora Lash Stash and I was really excited to use it as I have read much about Japanese mascara's and the great job they do.

Sooooo, on with the show...

Here is the promotional explanation:

What it is:
A volumizing, water- and sweat-resistant mascara with a brush so unique it is patented in Japan.

What it does:
This do-it-all mascara is blended with fiber to give you lush, doll-like lashes. The unique brush catches even the tiniest lashes, defines, lengthens, and provides all-day curl.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan

 Suggested Usage:
-Beginning with the middle ball, gently rock the wand back and forth as you draw and curl your lashes upwards.
-After initial application with the entire wand, use the tip to precisely define and extend target areas.
-Remove with warm water.

What does Lori have to say??

It is the funkyist ( in a good way) mascara wand EVER!!!  See for yourself!
Wand
Don't be afraid (like I was), it looks wonky but in a funny way it works.  There are fibres in the product that cling to the lashes to make it more (fluttery?).  Let's get down to brass tacks though.

The wand is weird and you would expect that with the shape of the bristles you would have gloops and clumps everywhere.  Surprisingly that isn't the case.  There are some spots of gloop, there is a lot of product  and there are fibres that of course cling to the bristles but none of these things diminish the effectiveness of the wand.  I KNOW!!!  Weird.  The bristles are like traditional bristles and not the plastic, comb-like I typically favour. The shape of the wand does allow you to get all lashes and get in close to the base of the lashes which gives the appearance of lushness.

Wand Rating:  Hooray (with a slight Meh)

The formula is very creamy and contain fibres that cling to the lashes.  What I had to do is use my mascara comb on coat one to separate my lashes as they had a tendency to clump together slightly.  One I combed once, any additional coats did not require it.

Formulation:  Horray (with a slight Meh)

Eyes at 700am
One eye, one coat


One eye, one coat, a bit closer
 One you hit the second coat it was smooth sailing, no more combing.  The fibres really exaggerated my lashes (as you can tell from the very top picture) making the top and bottom ones seem much more defined and long.

Rating:  Horray!
One eye, two coats

One eye, two coats, a bit close

Eyes done, side view

See?  Wild hey?  If you have ever read anything about mascaras from Asia many of them do provide the exaggerated lash to frame those lovely Asian eyes.  And it does provide curl - I curl my lashes anyway, but these do add to it.

What happens after all day I wonder?

Eyes at 830pm





So very little flaking or drop down after 13 hours, and l was impressed that my lashes still had the flutter and length from this morning.  I was also happy with the shadow too, but that's another story!  Probably the best result thus far.

End of the day rating:  Hooray

Price is $28CDN or $24USD. So a meh there

Final Score:

Hoorays - 2
Hoorays (with a slight Meh) - 2
Meh - 1

Would I buy again?  You betcha!


0 comments :

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking time to comment. I read them all.

Thanks ever so much!
Lori

 

EBates Canada (referral link)

Ebates.ca

Canadian Food Blogger

Canadian Food Blogger
Food Bloggers of Canada Member

Influenster

Follow me on Twitter