February 2015 MistoBox + Discount Code

I adore coffee. I'm not ashamed to admit it.  I drink many cups EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. This lead me to subscription box options and MistoBox.

Their website has lots of tips for brewing beans using different methods (French Press, Aeropress, Chemex for example). In addition to the coffee subscription there is a shop to buy coffee equipment and beans of course.

Here are the offerings (and costs to join MistoBox)
Subscription Details:


Awesome pkg:
4 - 1.75 oz (50 grams) of micro-roasted coffee samples from across the country

More Awesome pkg:
4 - 3.5 oz (100 grams) 

Can be delivered every 2 or 4 weeks
Subscription Costs:

Awesome:
$25/2 or 4 weeks

More Awesome:
$35/2 or 4 weeks

In the US it is $19 & $25 respectively.

International is $30 and $40.
Shipping:


CDN - $0
US - $0
Global - ?
Payment Options:

· Visa
· MC
· Amex
· Discover

I decided to select the Awesome package with 4-50 grams bags of whole coffee beans. Mistobox leads you through a number of questions to refine your coffee tastes and match you with a coffee curator who will select coffee on your behalf.


This month I was sent 4 excellent selections. Each selection has a fairly detailed write up on them. If you find these selections do not match your taste you can retake the questionnaire and they will source other ones for you.

Disclaimer: I going to take this moment to admit stuff. When people state "notes of X", it's pretty much gobbledygook to me. I drink a coffee and go "holy crap, that tastes good" or "meh - I'm not a fan". I don't have a sophisticated palate. I just like what I like. Same for wine or pretty much anything else.

All this points to me being a coffee HEATHEN! But play along with me... will ya?
 
Thesis Blend from Ceremony Coffee Roasters out of Annapolis, Maryland. This blend is their seasonal house blend. No pretensions and simple. Notes of raisins, brown sugar, tobacco with a soft orange acidity.
Sweater Weather Blend from Topeca Coffee Roasters from Tulsa, Oklahoma. The Sweater Blend is for those cold winter days with notes of toffee and roasted chestnut.
Falcon Head Blend from Square One Coffee is out of Lancaster, Pennsylvania and is a small, family-owned business. This blend is comprised of African and Indonesian beans. Notes of cocoa, raspberry jam and a hazelnut finish.
Inkwell Blend from Quills Coffee hails from Louisville, Kentucky. This is their house blend and has chocolate, citrus and Stone fruit sweetness.
PS. They recommend using 16.5g of coffee for every 265g of water for the perfect cup of coffee.

If you are interested in subscribing, go to https://one.mistobox.com/skipper and enter the password discovery to get 50% off your first coffee shipment.

Here are my other MistoBox reviews.

Cheers!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking time to comment. I read them all.

Thanks ever so much!
Lori

 

EBates Canada (referral link)

Ebates.ca

Canadian Food Blogger

Canadian Food Blogger
Food Bloggers of Canada Member

Influenster

Follow me on Twitter