December 2014 Paw Pack Overview and Review

Here is the final pet subscription box for December. It arrived on December 30th after leaving Pawpack office on December 15th. Not too bad at all.

As you may have read, I have a 55lb American Staffordshire Terrier that I affectionately call "The Goo" or "Goober". Adopted from a local rescue in August of 2014, she is a funny dog with lots of personality (read stubbornness). I love her to pieces and spoil her to a fault.

This spoiling has lead me to subscription boxes. Being a first time dog owner I have no idea what is out there for dogs and frankly going into a pet store stresses me out! I thought subscribing to boxes would allow me to discover what she likes or doesn't and really expose her to new things that I may not get locally.

I've viewed a fair number of blog posts before I decided to subscribe to PawPack. I have committed to at least 3 months to assess whether it is suitable for The Goo. They are fairly active on social media which I like. Their items will always be either Organic, All-Natural, or Eco-Friendly - that's a real good thing to hear. Our subscription is the Premium box.

Pawpack is customizable for the size of dog and offers and option for your cat.

Enough chatter, let's get at 'er! This month's theme was training... Funny enough that is our household's focus right now so many of these items are very helpful.


Photo quality is always a challenge - she moves fast!

First item is Fetch Bone Hollow by Wag More Bark Less
It has a hole at each end that I put treats or peanut butter in for her to lick. She has a couple of toys similar to this that I try and rotate  around. We'll see if she like it well enough.

Movin' on. Next is Clear Conscience Pet Lamb Airy Bites.
It's lamb lung... She loves them so I am using them as training rewards.  Human=ewwww. Doggy=YAYAYAYAYAYAY!

The next item has got to be less ewww to a human right? RIGHT?
Beef Trachey Chewz by Clear Conscience Pet. Roasted whole beef trachea. She ate them like they were the best thing ever. I gagged.




Next up were pizzle sticks. One of her favourite things. I can't get the wrapping off quick enough!
Snout Soother from Natural Dog Company. Do dogs snouts need soothing? Who knew? Though one of the dogs on their front webpage looks EXACTLY like The Goo.
Branded pouch. I love this as it allows your hands to be free to reward the dog instead of hanging onto a bag of stuff.
Branded clicker for training. These are apparently wonderful. Use YouTube to research how-to and benefits.
Sampler pot of Chicken liver treats from Stewart Brand Dog Food. Yep, she was down with these too.

Lastly were a couple of information cards on training. Specifically clicker training and positive reinforcement. We've elected to use "force free" training and these cards provide good information.
The monthly cost of the Premium box is $28/month plus $10 shipping to Canada (free in the US).  It contains 4-5 full sized surprise items each month along with various samples and other goodies.

There is a Deluxe box at $43/month. It contains 6-7 full sized surprise items each month along with various samples and other goodies. I assume shipping details are the same.

If you are considering subscribing I recommend you google discount codes for pawpack - some are really quite good.

You can subscribe here.

Woof and Cheers!


0 comments :

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking time to comment. I read them all.

Thanks ever so much!
Lori

 

EBates Canada (referral link)

Ebates.ca

Canadian Food Blogger

Canadian Food Blogger
Food Bloggers of Canada Member

Influenster

Follow me on Twitter