Partridgeberry (Lingonberry) Squares - A Newfoundland Treat


Growing up my 2 brothers and I had preferred berries - None were the same. Calvin loved Bakeapples, Glen loves Blueberries and I love Partridgeberries. The partridgeberry is a delicacy and often very time consuming to get - but every so often I get lucky where someone pities me and sends along a bag of frozen ones. Which I promptly make jam, muffins, cakes - whatever is going.

This recipe is a combo of my favourite berry and a crumble - best of both worlds. It's really the same crumble as a Date Square (which I loathe) so I use a much loved jam.

Things You Need (Otherwise Known as Ingredients and Supplies)


Crumble


1&1/2 cups All Purpose Flour, sifted
1&1/2 cups Oats
1/2 tsp Salt (I use Kosher)
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 cup Brown Sugar

3/4 cup Butter, cubed

500ml-750ml of Partridgeberry Jam (Honestly, you could use any jam for this)

Bowls
Spoons
9X13 Pan
Parchment Paper
Something to grease pan (spray, extra butter)

Things You Do (Otherwise Known as Directions)


Preheat oven to 375F.

Mix together Flour, Oats, Salt, Soda and Brown Sugar until completely combined.



Crumble through the butter until is looks like cornmeal.


Press 1/2 of the crumble mixture into a parchment lined (helps with removing the squares), well greased 9X13 pan.

Gently smooth the jam over the top of pressed crumble.


Top jam with rest of crumble mixture and light press down in spots.


Bake for 25 minutes at 375F or until crumble has a delicate brown hue.


Let cool completely, lift the entire thing from the pan (using the aforementioned parchment paper) and cut into squares.



Eat. With tea, milk, coffee - Whatever your preference.

From my childhood to your home,
Lori

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking time to comment. I read them all.

Thanks ever so much!
Lori

 

EBates Canada (referral link)

Ebates.ca

Canadian Food Blogger

Canadian Food Blogger
Food Bloggers of Canada Member

Influenster

Follow me on Twitter