March 2015 TopBox featuring Philosophy

TopBox has consistently been an excellent beauty subscription box. They typically have great products, their shipping is super fast and they are a Canadian based company.

What I particularly like about TopBox is that they send you an email approximately 3 weeks before your box ships with some options to set your wish list. Typically it is 4 or 5 groups of one, two or items in a collection. If none of the options appeal to you, you can opt to get the regular box.

TopBox costs $12/month, shipping included (but plus tax - $13.80 grand total) and they offer multiple month subscription in 3, 6 and 12 month increments. There are usually 4 beauty samples in each package. Sometimes with the special package there can be fewer items but still within a generous value point.

This month my TopBox selection was philosophy beauty and skin care. I have used philosophy products on the whole and as you will see. There are 3 items in this month's box. All these items are sample-sized. 

First up is miracle worker miraculous anti-aging lactic acid cleanser & mask.
From the philosophy website - Benefits include:
  • gently exfoliates with lactic acid
  • helps brighten, even skin tone, and buffer the look of fine lines and wrinkles
  • multitasks as a weekly brightening mask when left on the skin for 3-5 minutes
I've never used it before and am pretty excited about trying it. Lactic acid is one of the most used AHA's out there. It's a derivative of soured milk and we all know how Cleopatra loved her milk as a beauty product.  An 8oz (236ml) bottle costs $35 on the philosophy website. The card insert says $25 so I don't know. My sample is 30ml so about $5.
 
From the philosophy website - Benefits include:
  • exclusive high-performance retinoid (hpr) delivers all of the benefits of retinoid with less potential for irritation
  • proven to dramatically improve the look of wrinkles and discoloration
  • peptides help reduce the look of under-eye bags and dark circles for a brighter, more ageless appearance
 
I'm 42 years old and the fine lines are appearing around my eyes. Couple that with dark circles and I'm prime to use this stuff. Priced at $68 (from the site) or $79 at Sephora Canada for .5fl oz. My sample is .07fl oz so about $11.
 
The final item is purity made simple 3 in 1 cleanser for face and eyes.
From the philosphy website - Benefits include:
  • deep cleans pores and eliminates makeup build-up
  • natural oil extracts help condition skin
  • fragrance-free formula
 
I've used this product a number of times, via gift packs from Sephora or in subscription boxes. I really like it. It is effective for waterproof makeup and doesn't leave my face tight like some cleansers have a tendency to do. Price is $11 for 3oz (from the site) or $13 on Sephora Canada. My sample is 1 oz. Approximately $4.
I am really quite happy with this month's subscription. Value is about $20 which is more than I paid. I really don't care as there are 2 items that I have never used before.

Another winning month from TopBox.
Here are my other TopBox Reviews.
Cheers, 
Lori



0 comments :

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking time to comment. I read them all.

Thanks ever so much!
Lori

 

EBates Canada (referral link)

Ebates.ca

Canadian Food Blogger

Canadian Food Blogger
Food Bloggers of Canada Member

Influenster

Follow me on Twitter