Slow Cooker Saucy Maple Pork


It's been too long since I posted (shame on me) so I decided to start with an easy dish that I routinely use for pot-lucks and lunches for the week.

While I use boneless pork as the base for this dish, you could easily substitute ribs and any cut of chicken.

Things you Need (also known as ingredients)

2 lbs of pork (I use an inexpensive cut - roast, stew or a pork chop)

2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons dried minced onion
1 cup of fresh chopped onion (or add 2 more tbsp of dried)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Dash ground black pepper

If you don't like certain spices, leave them out. No maple syrup? Use maple flavoured pancake syrup.

Want lots of sauce to pour over the rice? Double everything but the soy sauce - 1 would go 1.5 (or 3 TBSP)




Things you Do (also known as directions)

Chop pork in to slightly larger than bite sized pieces and place in bottom of slow cooker.






Combine all of liquid ingredients and spices in a bowl.



Pour liquid over the pork.



Cook on low for 7-8 hours. Pork will fall apart when you run a fork through it.



I serve with rice and veg. You could easily use a broad noodle too.




0 comments :

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking time to comment. I read them all.

Thanks ever so much!
Lori

 

EBates Canada (referral link)

Ebates.ca

Canadian Food Blogger

Canadian Food Blogger
Food Bloggers of Canada Member

Influenster

Follow me on Twitter