March 2015 Ipsy Glam Bag

I've been a subscriber of Ipsy Glam bag since June 2014 and on the whole I have had pretty good Ipsy experiences. It costs $10/month plus $4.95 shipping to Canada.

Created by Michelle Phan and headed with a group of (You Tube) well known beauty vloggers (aka stylists), their branded glam bags are typically filled with items from well known companies and sometimes emerging beauty suppliers.

Essentially you take a beauty quiz and they send items that best fit the results (within a larger group of items for that month). For instance - I don't use nail polish and I rarely get any. I prefer creams, etc and I believe I have received some type of cream/mask or similar each bag I've received.

Let's move on to this month...



This month's theme is Floral Fantasy. I love that they send a different little bag containing all of the items.


NYX Butter Lipstick


First is NYX Butter Lipsticks. The colour I received is Hunk.
When you look at the bullet colour it seems very intense. However when applied it gives a lovely violet colour - not near so vivid as the lipstick suggests.  Cost on the NYX Cosmetics website $6. You can purchase NYX at some local Lawton's Drug stores.


pur-lisse pur gentle soy milk cleanser and makeup remover


Next is pur-lisse pur gentle soy milk cleanser and makeup remover. It's a blend of Soy Milk, Soy Proteins, Whole Oat and White Tea.
I've used a couple of sunscreen products from this line previously (in fact I took it on my hike across Spain last fall). Very lovely. I have high hopes for this cleanser. A 5.8oz bottle costs $36. My sample was 1oz. Value of $6.20

Dr. Brandt Skincare pores no more anti-aging mattifying lotion


From the website:
  • Fast absorbing, oil-free, anti-aging lotion with apple stem cells
  • 2013 Allure Best of Beauty Award Winner “Best Facial Moisturizer For Oily Skin"
I have used the pore refiner primer before with good results. It was on par with other primers. I am in the anti-aging zone and although I take it with a grain of salt I am willing to try it. Priced at $60 for 1.7oz my 0.26 oz sample would be about $9.20.

Boo-Boo Cover-Up


Next is a totally new brand to me. Boo-Boo Cover-Up. I received the Medium Shade. I've been trying it since Friday. The shade is pretty much on and it does pretty good as a concealer. Contains aloe, chamomile, green tea, tea tree oil and vitamin E. While it is meant for covering zits and spots, I used it under my eyes.
 A 10ml tube costs about $20. My 4ml would be about $8. I like this product. I hope I can get it in Canada.

Illuminating Face Highlighter by VINTAGE

 
The last item is also from a new to me brand - VINTAGE by Jessica Liebeskind. The
Illuminating Face Highlighter in Crystal Pink. Directions from the site:

"sweep the Illuminating Face Highlighter on the apples of your cheeks and cheekbones after blush has been applied. For an added glow, dust lightly over freshly hydrated skin on the forehead, nose and chin."

Without flash

With flash
It has a fair bit of glitter. It would not be part of my every day makeup routine but definitely for splashy nights out! Full size is approximately $26. I believe it is a full size but I could be incorrect. 

I will use every item in this bag. That's a stellar result!

Ipsy is consistently a good quality beauty subscription bag.

Looking to subscribe?

Here are my Ipsy reviews.

Cheers!
Lori



0 comments :

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking time to comment. I read them all.

Thanks ever so much!
Lori

 

EBates Canada (referral link)

Ebates.ca

Canadian Food Blogger

Canadian Food Blogger
Food Bloggers of Canada Member

Influenster

Follow me on Twitter