Eye Makeup Removers - A Comparision

Last night as I was removing my makeup I decided to compare the two brands in which I typically flop back and forth using.

Sephora The Makeup Eraser Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover
Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover

This is an impromptu comparison so bear with me.

On my eyes I had:

Revlon Photoready 3D Mascara
MAC Paint in Bare Canvas
Urban Decay Darkhorse Shadow (from the Naked Palette)
MAC BlackTrack Fluidline

At the end of the day I will admit that my shadow has creased and much of the makeup has gone to another special place (of which I do not know).

This is what was left

Before
Before
Both products
Shadow, eyeliner and mascara

After one swipe of the Clinique

Shadow, eyeliner and mascara
After one Swipe of the Sephora

Makeup Removed after one swipe

After one swipe
I think that the Clinique performed slightly better after one swipe. And the Sephora brand left significantly more oil on my lid  But lets move on shall we?

After 3 swipes
Lots of gunk
All things considered the final removal was pretty equal.  There is slightly more eyeliner residue left on my Clinique eyelid.  But, both left my eyes kind of red.  The good things is that it doesn't bother me and the redness dissipates quite quickly.

A good test between the two would be waterproof mascara.  Hmmm, perhaps I will try that and update later.

Prices are as follows:

Sephora The Makeup Eraser Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover 4.2oz is $11.50CDN or $9.50USD

Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover 4.2oz is $22.00CDN or $18.00USD

Hmmm, that's quite the difference in price for little difference in performance.

Thoughts?


0 comments :

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking time to comment. I read them all.

Thanks ever so much!
Lori

 

EBates Canada (referral link)

Ebates.ca

Canadian Food Blogger

Canadian Food Blogger
Food Bloggers of Canada Member

Influenster

Follow me on Twitter