April Week of Mascaras - Friday - Revlon PhotoReady 3D

Two coats on both eyes
And here we are on Friday, the last day of mascaras (re-dux) and I thought I would visit a drugstore mascara that surprised me.  Much like the NYX DollEye that was a total surprise.

Today's mascara is brought to you by the letter R.... For Revlon.  Specifically the PhotoReady 3D Volume Mascara.  It is a fairly new to market product so I was a bit curious....

Here is what Revlon has to say:

Get glamorous, big volume lashes from every angle. Lashes look 100% more magnified, multiplied, amplified.* (*Non-waterproof formula with two coats) 

Lash finding brush with rounded tip easily reaches every single lash for maximum dimension.
Available in 3 non-waterproof shades: Blackest Black, Black, and Blackened Brown  



Here is what Lori tried and discovered.


When you buy the package, the container of mascara is sealer with a stopper and the wand is separate.  I like this for 2 reasons: 1) I get to see the wand and 2) Just seems a little more sanitary to me.


The wand is the rubber bristled with a few bristles on the very tip to get those tricky smaller lashes on the very inner and (for me) outer corner of the eye.  Takes a steady hand though, as the mascara can be gloopy at the end.  

Wand rating: Hooray!

The mascara product is of a glossy, wet consistency.  I typically favour this formulation as I don't get as much clumping.

Formulation rating: Hooray!



 After doing my makeup and curling my lashes I applied one coat of the mascara.  I did not use the bristles on the tip as there is a lot of mascara there and I get all my lashes with the regular wand.  It is very easy to apply and the wand separates my lashes very well.  It certainly elongates them.

End of Wand rating:  Meh (gloopy)
Application (1 and 2 coats): Hooray

Eyes at 700am
One Eye, One Coat
 Even applying two coats my lashes appear separated and very lengthened.  Added volume?  Sure.
One Eye, Two Coats
I must say, my eyelashes are very long and feathery after the two coats.  I did not have to do a post comb though either!

Eyes at 830pm

End of Day

My eyes on the whole lack the punch of earlier, but given that it is 13 1/2 hours later I am mighty impressed with the result.  I found a couple of flakes but nothing that would give me pause.


End of Day rating:  Hooray!

Price was $10.99CDN and $9USD.  So a Hooray there.

Final tally.

Hooray - 4
Meh - 1

Would I buy again?  Yes.  Am I surprised?  Heck yeah.  Drugstore brands are really evolving as a great source of mascaras.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking time to comment. I read them all.

Thanks ever so much!
Lori

 

EBates Canada (referral link)

Ebates.ca

Canadian Food Blogger

Canadian Food Blogger
Food Bloggers of Canada Member

Influenster

Follow me on Twitter