June 2012 GlossyBox Overview and Review


Wow, this month's box was heavy!  You will see why (details) in a minute...

Outer Box



Lovely packaging
Information Card
 Products in the box:

  • GILLETTE Venus Embrace Razor
  • BIORE 4-in-1 Revitalizing Cleanser
  • WELLA PROFESSIONALS Ocean Spritz
  • COVERGIRL Flipstick- Blendable Lip Duo
  • NEUTROGENA Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen Lotion SPF 55
  • OLAY Regenerist Wrinkle Revolution Complex (not pictured)
  • BIORE Deep Cleansing Pore Strips
Venus Embrace Razor from Gillette
I am a devotee of the Venus Razors (series) and have tried other brands and always seem to return to these.  Do I like them - yes.  Do they last - yes.  I shave my legs (and... nothing) every day.

Rating:  Hooray!!!

Full size: 1 kit @$13.43.  Size received - Full
Biore 4-in-1 Revitalizing Cleanser
I have used Biore products through the years but they kind of faded from my view in the past 10 years or so.  I try to be meticulous over cleaning my face properly so I will definitely be trying this product.

Rating:  Hooray!!!

Full size: 200ml @ $9.99.  Size received - Full
Wella Ocean Spritz (Hair Spray)
 I previously received Wella products in the April GlossyBox.  Smells amazing and I love the conditioner!  Coincidentally I needed a setting spray so this works well...

Rating:  Hooray!!!

Full size: 1450ml @ $16.99.  Size received - Full
Cover Girl Flipstick in Minx (#855)
This new product is essentially a dual ended lipstick.  One is shimmery and one is the colour to blend which (as the infer) can create a multitude of looks.  I will be honest and say that I have not tried it as the colour is a bit autumnal.  That and the brown throws me a little.

Rating:  Meh...  Or perhaps, we'll see in October!

Full size: 3.8g @ $12.50.  Size received - Full


Neutrogena Ultra-Sheer Sunscreen Lotion in SPF 55
I have this very product in an SPF of 30.  I use it rarely as my moisturizer has a SPF as well.  Different schools of thought on whether I need a separate sunscreen.  I don't.  I like it as it isn't goopy and it dries quickly and is easy to apply makeup over.

Rating:  Hooray!!!

Full size: 88ml @ $15.99.  Size received - 14ml
Biore Pore Strips
Ahh Biore pore strips.  I just remember my friend Dee applying one the day before starting a new job and it left a mark on her nose....  Do I use these?  Not in 15 years!!   Will I try this one?  Probably on a home spa night.

Rating:  Meh....

Full size: 8 strips @ $9.99.  Size received - 1 strip

 The final product was a sample size of Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Revolution Complex.  I have about 5 of them (as you probably do too) so I won't say too much.  I take them when I go away for a night or two.  Works fine on my skin and I don't get any breakouts.

My overall impression of this months box?  I liked it.  Every single one of these items are ones I will use, and hey - that's exactly what I was taking a chance on.  

I know some people are miffed that there is only one item of the 6 that is considered luxury.  The website it careful though to say makeup samples and luxury cosmetics and they do list both luxury and standard brands in their scrolling list.  Hey, 4 of the items were full size.  That's not too bad.


So how many Hoorays?  4 out of 6. With 2 Meh's.  Not too shabby.


Cheers,
Lori




0 comments :

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking time to comment. I read them all.

Thanks ever so much!
Lori

 

EBates Canada (referral link)

Ebates.ca

Canadian Food Blogger

Canadian Food Blogger
Food Bloggers of Canada Member

Influenster

Follow me on Twitter