August 2015 Ipsy Glam Bag

I've been a subscriber of Ipsy Glam bag since June 2014 and on the whole I have had pretty good Ipsy experiences. It costs $10/month plus $4.95 shipping to Canada.

Created by Michelle Phan and headed with a group of (You Tube) well known beauty vloggers (aka stylists), their branded glam bags are typically filled with items from well known companies and sometimes emerging beauty suppliers.

Essentially you take a beauty quiz and they send items that best fit the results (within a larger group of items for that month). For instance - I don't use nail polish and I rarely get any. I prefer creams, etc and I believe I have received some type of cream/mask or similar each bag I've received.

Anything in italics are direct quotes from the website.  

Let's move on to this month...




An ultra precise moulded plastic pencil eye liner that provides a soft application which lasts. The smooth and velvety waterproof formula glides on easily for seamless blending. - See more at: http://www.doucce.com/shop/ultra-precision-eye-liner/#sthash.IQn6EyYh.dpuf

The Liner is an ultra precise moulded plastic eye pencil that provides a soft application that lasts. The smooth and velvety waterproof formula glides on easily for seamless blending. 

An ultra precise moulded plastic pencil eye liner that provides a soft application which lasts. The smooth and velvety waterproof formula glides on easily for seamless blending. - See more at: http://www.doucce.com/shop/ultra-precision-eye-liner/#sthash.IQn6EyYh.dpuf
Full size pencil is $22. I received a full size item.

I've tried it for 3 days. Good application, easy to smudge but once it sets it sticks fairly well.




Daily, lightweight oil for strong, glossy, frizz-free hair. Whether your hair is curly, straight, thick or thin, this Argan Oil Treatment will become a daily staple in your beauty regimen. No matter what your style, your hair will always look its best when it is strong, healthy looking and shiny.  

Full size bottle of  50ml is $7.29. The sample size I received was 20.7ml (about $3).

I've used it in my hair for the past couple of days. I like it... You don't need very much.

La Fresh Good Night. Night Cream

Super hydration restores a visibly smoother and plumper skin appearance as you relax, rest & sleep. Made with collagen-producing peptides, super-hydrating hyaluronic acid, natural shea butter, aloe, antioxidant panthenol, folic acid, vitamin E & an anti-aging botanical complex.

Full size bottle of 50g is $40. The sample size I received was 15g (about $18.75).

Very emollient. I like it a lot so far.

Hikari Cosmetics Lip Gloss


 High-shine matte lip glosses. 


Full size is $13. I received a full size item in the colour merlot.


I like the colour and the texture.


Trust Fund Beauty Nail Polish 

Trust Fund Beauty is a quick-drying, chip resistant polish comes in cute bottles complete with some seriously sassy names. Plus, it’s 7-free, non-toxic, vegan, and cruelty-free. Don’t mind if we do! 

 I received the colour Elegantly Wasted. Full size cost is $15.

The names are supposed to be fun and avant guard - I'll let you decide that for yourself.

Nailpolish = re-gift.

Swatch of eyeliner and gloss

 I have used (and will continue to use) all items except the nail polish. That's a pretty good month.

Value is $71.75 (quick someone, check my math)

Ipsy is consistently a good quality beauty subscription bag. But here is my issue... With the Canadian $ declining against the US dollar, this bag works out to about $20. Excluding this month - I have to ask myself if it is worth it to continue this subscription.  Probably???

Looking to subscribe?

Here are my other Ipsy reviews.

Cheers!
Lori

An ultra precise moulded plastic pencil eye liner that provides a soft application which lasts. The smooth and velvety waterproof formula glides on easily for seamless blending. - See more at: http://www.doucce.com/shop/ultra-precision-eye-liner/#sthash.IQn

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking time to comment. I read them all.

Thanks ever so much!
Lori

 

EBates Canada (referral link)

Ebates.ca

Canadian Food Blogger

Canadian Food Blogger
Food Bloggers of Canada Member

Influenster

Follow me on Twitter