June 2014 Ipsy Bag


This bag is my premiere one with Ipsy. As you can tell from previous posts, I have been a subscriber of numerous beauty boxes over the years. Positive comments from folks about Ipsy made me curious so I thought I should dive in and give it a whirl.

I received 5 items in my Ipsy bag (which incidentally I love itself).

  1. Be A Bombshell Lash Out Mascara in Intense Black - 9g (Full Size) at $15. Received: Full Size - YAY!  My first impression is that it is a fairly routine mascara wand however there is an odd smell the emanates from the wand. I have not used the product to date. But I will and likely include it in a mascara review.  
  2. Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray - 1.52 ml (Trial Size). Full size (125 ml) is approximately $12. I never have beachy waves so this will go in the donation collection for a local group.
  3. Nicka K New York Shimmer Eyeliner  in Blue- 1 oz (Full Size) at $5. Received: Full size. It looks like a great shimmer eyeliner but totally not my style. In the donation collection it goes.
  4. NYX Butter Gloss in Apple Strudel - 8 ml (Full Size) at $5. Received: Full Size. I will definitely be using this gloss. Very nice texture and colour for summer.
  5. Laneige BB Cushion - The sample came with 3 colour samples (Light, Medium and Dark) plus the puff.  To be honest I know nothing about this product but am intrigued especially for the SPF50. I think it is tailored to an Asian complexion but I am giving it a whirl.

I wanted to swatch the eyeliner and gloss for examples.
Bright direct light

Softer overhead light
All things considered, I feel very positive about my first Ipsy experience. 3 out of the 5 items will be in my try/regular rotation list. The other 2 will be put to use elsewhere I am sure.  Plus the Rebecca Minkoff makeup bag is divine!

Cheers,
Lori


0 comments :

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking time to comment. I read them all.

Thanks ever so much!
Lori

 

EBates Canada (referral link)

Ebates.ca

Canadian Food Blogger

Canadian Food Blogger
Food Bloggers of Canada Member

Influenster

Follow me on Twitter