Par-taaayyyy Mix for the Crunch Addicted (Recipe Compliments of Norma B.)


I bake a fair bit and the folks at my work reap much of the benefit. Each year we do the 12 Days of Christmas and each of us sign up to bring in a treat. This year I decided I wouldn't do a cookie but instead a crunchy snack item to eat at the desk.

So I thunk and I thunk (Come on people! Work with me!) and contacted my buddy Norma B to get her Party Mix recipe. It's freaky-deaky good.

Everyone has their own take on it.  This one is my favourite thus far.  Please comment below with links to yours or different concoctions of stuff. I'd love to know.

Things You'll Need (Otherwise known as Ingredients & Supplies)

Mix
1 Cup Oil (I used Canola)
1 pkg of Ranch Mix (Either Clubhouse or Hidden Valley)
1 tsp Lemon Pepper
1 tsp Dill Weed


Cereals
1 1/2 Cups Cheerios
1 1/2 Cups Chex
1 1/2 Cups Shreddies

Now I will say that you can change this mix up to whatever you like  - this combo worked for me.


Nuts

125g Honey Roasted Peanuts
125g Salted Cashews
125g Salted Mixed Nuts

Again this mix is completely to your taste (or what's in the house or on sale).



Crunchy Add Ons

1 1/2 Cups Pretzel Rounds
1 1/2 Cups Pretzel Sticks
1 1/2 Cups Sesame Sticks

Use whatever you have ... You know the drill.



What else

2 Foil-Lined Cookie Pans
Bowls (a couple of smaller ones and 1 huge bowl to mix it all up)

Things You'll Do (Otherwise known as Directions)



 
Preheat oven to 250F.
 
Mix the oil, ranch dressing, lemon pepper & dill weed together. Mix it well.
 

Combine all crunchy things in the bowl and toss together.


Add sauce and coat everything well. Stir, Stir, Stir!!!


As you can see, everything is coated.

Pop it in the oven for 55-60 minutes.  I took it out every 20 minutes and mixed it slightly to ensure an even toast.

Note: You won't see a colour change necessarily, just a lovely scent of cooking spices.

Now take them out and leave on trays to cool.


 Yes, I know I'm not a pretty foil person.

Finished product in the bowl. The office gave it the vote of confidence!


Now... Go Forth and Mix!

Cheers and Happy Holidays,
Lori



0 comments :

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking time to comment. I read them all.

Thanks ever so much!
Lori

 

EBates Canada (referral link)

Ebates.ca

Canadian Food Blogger

Canadian Food Blogger
Food Bloggers of Canada Member

Influenster

Follow me on Twitter