High End (Too Faced) and Drugstore (NYX) Eye Shadow Primer Comparision

Hi, my name is Lori and I have oily eyelids.  Yep, I admit it.  Face is dry to combination but the darned lids are not!

I have tried everything; concealer, powder, MAC painterly paintpot, prayer... but nothing stops my eyeshadow from creeping and creasing!  Gah!

Two weeks ago I was at my local Lawton's Drugs and while chatting with the cosmetics advisor and we started chatting about primers.  I starting complaining about the oily lid dilemma and she asked what I had tried.  Let me list the brands:

  • Too Faced Shadow Insurance
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • MAC Painterly PaintPot
  • Tarte Lifted Natural Eye Primer
  • NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk

She asked if I had tried the NYX Eye Shadow Base.  Nope - Never.  So off I went with a sample in Skin Tone.  I tried it and it wasn't too bad - no worse than any other brand, but let us compare.  So I did two tests with Too Faced.  One of short duration and one for a lot of hours.

I applied Too Faced shadow insurance to my left lid (right when looking at pic) and NYX Eye Shadow Base to the right lid (left looking at the pic) at around about 10:30am



And then at 9:15pm, I checked the status.
Hmmm... Interesting. The difference in hardly noticeable.  But you know what is noticeable?  The price.  The NYX retails for about $10CDN and the Too Faced costs about $23CDN.  Wow.

Here's my one tip, use it sparingly and let the primers set before adding shadow on top.  A couple of minutes.

Next up?  Urban Decay Primer Potion vs NYX Eye Base in White.  Stay tuned....

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking time to comment. I read them all.

Thanks ever so much!
Lori

 

EBates Canada (referral link)

Ebates.ca

Canadian Food Blogger

Canadian Food Blogger
Food Bloggers of Canada Member

Influenster

Follow me on Twitter