Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Squares

So I wanted something simple to take to work.  I dug this recipe up from my last visit home to the parents.

Ready to bake?  Here we go!

Take the following out of the fridge and let soften well

1 cup salted butter
8 oz cream cheese (I use full fat or light)

I also take out:

2 eggs

We can now measure and prep the  rest of the ingredients.  The only real work is chopping the pecans. If you have pecan pieces then have a cup of coffee (or in my case a glass of beer) - you'll still be finished in the same amount of time.

Preheat oven to 350F

1 cup of Pecans (chopped) or Pecan pieces

I take a piece of wax paper and put it on the cutting board. Dump the pecans on it and then chop.
Look at that Chopping Skill!!

Then I measure the rest of the ingredients

2 1/4 cup Flour (I sift but you don't have to do so)
3/4 cup White Sugar
1 tsp  Baking Soda
1 tsp Vanilla
1/4 tsp Salt
12 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (I think Milk Chocolate or White would so as well)

Note: Toss in 1/4 cup of Toffee bits if you want

You also need 2- 8X12" pans
Non-stick Spray
Parchment Paper (not absolutely necessary but makes it easier to remove cookies from pan)



Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar in mixer.



Add eggs and beat until light.

Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl.

Add dry ingredients about a 1/3 at a time and mix until completely combined. 
Add chocolate chips and pecans and mix.

Let's prep those pans.

Spray non-stick cooking spray on pan, then layer parchment paper then spray again.

OK. Oven is preheated and ready. Now we can spread the mixture evenly in each pan.

Pop in the oven from 20-25 minutes.  Start looking at the pans at about 20 minutes so it doesn't overcook.
Let cool, carefully lift parchment out of pan, cut and serve!

PS. I did imbibe a little during the making of these squares.  None were harmed due to inebriation.


0 comments :

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking time to comment. I read them all.

Thanks ever so much!
Lori

 

EBates Canada (referral link)

Ebates.ca

Canadian Food Blogger

Canadian Food Blogger
Food Bloggers of Canada Member

Influenster

Follow me on Twitter